Artificial Plants Import Guides for Wholesalers
Many clients come to Sunwing with a quote for artificial plants wholesale prices. While it’s difficult to establish a new business during the epidemic, wholesale enterprises such as Amazon are soaring profits. It makes sense to consider wholesale business. Pandemic may be the right time for you to start your own business. Let’s dive into this wholesale import guide from the following aspects.
What is a wholesale business?
Wholesaling includes all activities of selling goods or services to those who buy for resale or commercial use. The main difference between wholesalers and retailers is that one end is connected to the manufacturer and the other end is connected to the retailer. In general, wholesalers are characterized by:
- Possess a large number of goods
- Bulk sale of goods, no retail business
- The price of the item sold will be lower than the retail market price
There are three types of wholesalers:
- Commercial wholesalers, including full-service wholesalers who perform all the functions of wholesaling and limited-service wholesalers who act the part of the functions of the wholesaling in order to reduce operating expenses and lower wholesale prices.
- The second is brokers and agents, including commodity brokers, manufacturer agents, sales agents, import and export agents, purchasing agents and commission merchants.
- The third is the branches, business offices and purchasing offices of manufacturers and retailers.
Why start an artificial plant’s wholesale business?
Faux plant wholesale plays a vital role in the modern supply chain, which can reduce the processing cost and time involved in the sales process. Producers or manufacturers form the backbone of the supply chain, although most use distribution channels involving wholesalers to better serve retail customers.
Artificial plants & flowers market
One of the critical drivers for this market will be growing use for decorative and aesthetic purposes.
For example, the statistics show the revenue of the UK artificial plant and flower wholesale industry from 2012 to 2025, with an upward trend in recent years. Here are some main factors expected to boost the growth of artificial flowers and plants.
- In the past few years, the demand for artificial plants and flowers has increased rapidly due to the improvement of design and technology and the emergence of manual and semi-automatic equipment.
- In addition, the occurrence of various gatherings and activities around the world has also triggered the trend of gift-giving.
- Besides, more and more festivals worldwide have also triggered the demand for artificial plants and flowers.
- Today’s consumers also put forward weather and fire resistance requirements for decorative items of large infrastructure such as hotels and shopping malls.
Global wholesale market
According to Research and Markets’s report, the global wholesale market is expected to grow from US $45025.1 billion in 2020 to US $4937.76 billion in 2021, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.7%. The market is expected to reach US $64334.41 billion in 2025, with a CAGR of 7%. This increase was mainly due to the company’s rearrangement of its business and recovery from the covid-19 impact, which earlier led to restrictive containment measures involving social distance, remote work and the closure of business activities, resulting in operational challenges.
To get a detailed analysis, you can also purchase the 2022 Wholesale Sales of Artificial Flowers, Plants, and Trees Global Market Size & Growth Report with COVID-19 Impact.
Benefits of a wholesale business
As a wholesaler, you can access a wide variety of outlets and enable you to connect with a wide range of customers. Providing products wholesale enables a broader audience to access the products produced by companies in the supply chain. Therefore, you can expand your business quickly.
- Wider expansion
- Reduced impact from market changes
- Fewer marketing costs
- Better brand awareness
- Leveraging the potential of various distribution methods
What are trendy artificial plants for wholesaling?
According to Statista, 76% of US homeowners had at least one home renovation in 2020 during the pandemic. Home decoration is a solid market for wholesale business. In addition to home decor, commercial fit-outs also bloom with the help of fake plants. Regarding residential & commercial decor products, we have an in-depth look at the popular items, including:
- Frames/wall Art
- Candles and candlesticks
- Throw pillows and blankets
- Storage and organization
As mentioned above, people pay more attention to decorative and beautifying elements, and simulated plants exist in this way. Why are simulated plants trendy? Perhaps because of the realism of design and the wide variety of artificial plants.
Artificial wall frames
Bring joy and tranquility to your daily life with our soothing artificial green wall panels and wall art series. Customers can choose one of many exquisite wall art layouts to complement their homes’ other interior or exterior parts. We have the best green wall panel series with different sizes and frames.
Our green wall panels are made of the best quality materials. They last for many years, maintaining their original appearance and feel. They are very suitable for indoor (using our UV spray) and outdoor spaces and require minimal maintenance.
Artificial potted plants
Choose from a fantastic array of potted artificial trees and evergreen plants to wholesale now. Whether looking for an elegant tree for residential areas or need more artificial trees to add a trace of natural flavor to business space, we offer the most impressive artificial potted plant series worldwide.
Each faux plant is made of high-quality PE materials to ensure that you will have a completely realistic plant regardless of style!
Artificial greenwalls & plant walls
The amazing artificial vertical garden panel and UV-resistant green walls are suitable for beautifying any space immediately. We have designs ideal for various flavors, whether you need artificial hedge panels, artificial green walls or lush living walls. Please rest assured that each artificial vertical garden is made of premium materials to ensure service life and realism. You will love the fantastic new instant look you will have in the next few years.
All artificial plant walls can be easily installed by yourself through our installation guide.
Artificial hanging plants
Our fake stems and ferns are designed to meet the aesthetic needs of any residential and commercial property. Use the beautiful artificial stems or hanging plants to create a warm and vibrant space. Customers can quickly build a small family garden or beautify a large commercial space by purchasing faux greenery plants to sell wholesale.
No matter what style you choose, you will get at affordable prices with the best materials. They are durable and can be used for many years to maintain their original appearance and feel.
Learn more: Artificial Hanging Plants Another Decor Trend.
Artificial grass carpets
Looking for artificial grass wholesale products for sale? You’re in the right place. You can get the most favorable price and the best choice of lawn carpet in the industry. Sunwing offers many different kinds of grass carpets, including landscaping grass, sports grass, pet-friendly outdoor grass carpets, and golf and putting greens. Our full range of indoor/outdoor lawns is available at wholesale prices, all produced by our factory in China.
Where to find artificial plant suppliers?
Where is the place to import artificial plants and flowers? China is the best choice. China has one of the largest artificial plant markets where we produce all kinds of artificial greenery products. The export volume of China artificial plants is increasing yearly, bringing more business opportunities to global wholesalers.
Most products made in China have their own origin, and so do faux plants. The location of artificial plant suppliers varies based on specific categories, so be careful if you do professional wholesale business. According to my experience, simulated plants made in China are mainly produced in the following places:
- Yiwu, Zhejiang — one of the world’s largest artificial flower wholesale markets.
- Guangzhou and Dongguan — China’s essential producing areas of medium and high-end artificial silk plants and trees.
- Jiangsu Province — regarded as the birthplace and development region of synthetic lawn manufacturing.
- Shandong Province — gathering most plastic artificial flower manufacturers.
What kind of artificial plants are you interested in? Once you identify the major markets in China and what they specialize in, your wholesale business is almost half done.
Several ways to search for artificial plants manufacturers:
- Trade fairs: China Import and Export Fair (Canton Fair), China Artificial Plants and Related Products Fair, Shanghai International Simulation Plant Flower and Accessories Expo
- Online trade performs: Alibaba, Made in China. These are excellent choices for orders worth between $100 and $1000.
- Social media platforms: Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram
- Search engines: Google, Bing, Yahoo
As a wholesaler, you may be interested in this article Definitive Buying Guide for Wholesale Artificial Plants.
How to profit from your wholesale business?
The wholesale world can broader brand visibility, attract new customers and help you develop your business. However, wrong actions may lead to a large loss of trading volume and a large waste of time and resources.
The following tips will help you cooperate with the right enterprises, sell in batches and improve your profits.
Keep eyes on overstock and insufficient inventory.
Although the inventory shortage makes you unable to meet customer needs, a large amount of stock in the warehouse will also lead to various losses. The only way to avoid excess or inventory shortage is to become a leader in inventory management. It can help you maintain the best merchandise.
- Track your inventory turnover (ITR)
- Identify fast, slow, and obsolete items
- Optimize the picking, packaging and delivery process
- Know your reorder level and minimum order quantity
Improve the visibility of product profits.
Poor real-time visibility into inventory changes, inventory costs and inventory costs of goods sold may leave blind spots in product profitability.
When looking at a product’s profitability, you should consider all these factors. These factors or costs are usually not visible in inventory reports. So, what can you do to improve your understanding of product profitability?
- Accurately track the cost of selling goods
- Track profitability by product category and brand
- Track hidden inventory costs
Match the needs of customers and suppliers.
For example, if a customer immediately needs a set of products, and you happen to have none, you will ask your supplier for the goods. However, suppliers need to advance the delivery time.
This mismatch between the needs of customers and suppliers will not only lead to customer service delays, but will also lead to excessive inventory or a shortage of goods.
- Immediate backorder
- Track future inventory in and out
- Rank suppliers according to delivery time, quality and cost
- Know who your preferred supplier is
Improve profitability and cash flow.
Improving profit margin and cash flow is the primary task of any enterprise. The challenges faced by wholesale enterprises in improving these figures are:
- Inventory storage cost
- Price war/bidding war of new orders
- Invoice overdue payment
- Foreign exchange transaction expenses
How can we solve these problems?
- Explore direct selling options to reduce inventory storage costs
- Maintain price lists and use quantity-based pricing
- Easily get paid with online options
- Control foreign exchange gains and losses and transaction costs
Grow with wholesale.
Nowadays, every industry and enterprise hopes to achieve faster growth. However, the annual growth rate of wholesale traders averaged 5%. If compared with other sectors, 5%, although this proportion is good, there is still much room for improvement.
- International expansion
- Get a website or online store
- Run email activity
- Use social media
How Sunwing can help
You can learn more from the article: What Sunwing Can Offer to Our Trade Clients? As a trade program member, you can receive:
- Built-to-spec capabilities
- Reasonable inventory management
- Volume/quantity discounts
- Fully customizable designs
- Updates on new products
- Link to our website
- Website material to build your own site
- Marketing material artwork
- 3-5 years warranty
- 15-45 days delivery time
- OEM/ODM orders
Wrapping this up…
Due to the strong demand for artificial plants, designing, manufacturing and selling artificial plants is a great wholesale business adventure. Now, just do it! By importing high-quality plants from China, you can sell them to retailers, interior designers and event planners at discounted prices. Need any help? Welcome to leave an inquiry to our email firstname.lastname@example.org
- By: SUNWING
- No Comments